12 August 2008

Seamen


Well...I am now back to blogging about the updates that I owe all of you. I have started with the month of January with the wedding of my close friend Julie Ann. January also opened up my eyes to what Filipino overseas workers do when they are far away from home. Now, I am not saying that all of them do it, but this is what I had witnessed.

A friend of mine invited me to come to a party on a boat. Of course I came coz I love parties and free food. When we got there...it wasn't the boat that I was hoping. It as actaully a ship...not a cruise ship either, it's more like a freight carrier. When we got there, it wasn't just us there were a lot of other Filipinas who were already partying it up with the Filipino seamen. Then I realzed something...these men who are out there in the middle of nowhere just surrounded by water 6 months at a time are really looking for sex once the ship docks somewhere...and that is why they throw these so called "parties"...then throw some women who can't get a boyfriend coz they are either fugly or too busy to socialize coz they are working 24/7...you will then have a party filled with people who are looking to get laid. Now, I am not int othis kind of thing, but since there was free food, alcohol, and karaoke...I was sort of having a little bit of fun...and the guys were actually really nice. When the unholy hours started ticking, couples started disappearing...and nextthing you know...I was all alone in the "party" room. I didn't appreciate this at all. I just hope that my friend who invited me to this party could have informed me that she was looking to get laid. I wouldn't have come then. Nonetheless, I was there...bored as hell coz there was no WiFi reception, there was no cable signal either...I wanted to shoot myself. So, I wasn't about to be left alone...I got into my bitch gear and called up my friend and demanded that we leave right away.

It's just amazes me what length people would go to just to get laid. Anyways, next time somebody asks you to go on a party up on a boat, ASK QUESTIONS.

No comments: