07 August 2008

Not Ready To Make Nice

Last night, I had a fight with my dad. It's one of the many that we have had, and I know it won't be the last - I am actually looking forward to more fights that we will be having in the future.

I just have to say that I DO NOT really like my dad. I never grew up with a dad, or at least it did not feel like I had a dad. He was there to put me through school and for almost all the material things that I needed, but other than that, he was a big void in my life.

My dad never bought me a bike, he never taught me how to ride one. My dad never took me in one of those father and son trips where all you do is spend the day with each other and bond. My dad promised me A LOT of things and NONE of which were fulfilled. I guess promises are meant to be broken after all. To say the least, I was very disappointed. One would think that he would do right by me consideringthe fact that he pretty much experienced the same thing when he was growing up.

I could go on and rant about my dad and what he did to me, but I won't. I guess all that I am trying to say is that I am not ready to make nice...and I don't think that I ever will. So, I guess this Dixie Chicks song is for my dad...

No comments: