05 October 2007

Pregnant!

Nope! That is not a 3D image of my baby! I just have to post an image for this post.

The other day, my friend told me that she is 4 weeks pregnant! I was like, WTF! I was really shocked! We used to joke about this kind of stuff back in the day, but this time it's true. She is 23 and I already forgot how old her boyfriend is. My friend hasn't told any of her family members yet. I guess she still needs to compose herself.

The thing that shocked me the most is that she told me that she wanted to terminate the pregnancy. I was upset when she told me this 'coz I am AGAINST abortion. I was still upset 'coz eventhough she's my third friend who told me about terminating the pregnancy, I still am not used to hearing someone say, "I am going to kill my baby and not give him/her the chance to see the world". Now, you might ask what the guy's opinion on the matter is. The guy is actually really happy that my friend is pregnant and he is willing to marry her. The thing that my friend is worried is that she doesn't know how her family will react when she breaks the good news to them. Another reason why my friend is thinking of terminating the pregnancy is 'coz she is on a roll in terms of her career and she doesn't know if she would ever get the chance again if she decides to keep the baby.

I am anti-abortion and will always be. I am not going to force this opinion on people nor will I look down on people who choose this option. However, I hope that my friend will think REALLY hard about this and that she comes up with a decision that she WILL NOT regret later on in life. For me, the gift of life is a very wonderful blessing. I truly wish that my pregnant friend does not end up like my other friend who until know thinks what her baby would have looked like had she not chosen to terminante her pregnancy 3 years ago.





Think about this: We would not be living today if our parents opted for abortion.

3 comments:

Gee said...

well, i dont approve of adoption either coz it has a life already and its just wrong to not let the baby live... then again, when i see kids on the streets... sometimes i wonder...

by the way, i go to MySoju now... hehehe maybe i won't have to buy... but if its as good as Coffee Prince, the crystal mall is just around the corner... in burnaby hehahahah

Anonymous said...

you can't rectify a mistake with another mistake. that's all i can say.

Anonymous said...

i hvae never been pregnant nor do i know of her situation so i can't judge, but there is something just wrong about giving up a life like that. my hubby and i have been married for 3 years now and have just started to try and procreate. mahirap sya ha! hahahah! i hope your friend makes a decision she won't regret. i'll pray for her.