26 July 2008

Dissed

Holidays & Occasions

Two days ago, I visited my friends at the airport and I met this 16 year old boy who was going to turn 17 on July 25th - he was the guy who dissed me.

Well, here goes the story...

I was talking to my friend who I haven't seen in a while and the kid walks by and sees me. When I left to say hi to my other friends who were working at Starbucks, he kept asking my friend Regie stuff about me. Obviously, my friend did not leave out the information that I play for the other team. The kid was apparently elated. When I came back to talk to Regie, the kid was talking to me and telling my that it would be his birthday the next day and that he would like someone to buy him a cake and flowers. I thought he was joking, so I kind of brushed it off and went with Regie to have a smoke. While having a smoke outside, something in me wanted to buy the kid a rose. Long story short, I did buy the kid a pink rose. At first I didn't know how to give it as I have never given a rose to another guy before. But, through peer pressure from Regie and Toni, I ended up giving the kid a rose. It was NICE seeing the kid smile from surprise and delight. So, I got my flirt on and stayed at the store the kid was working at pretending that I was there to talk to Regie. In the end, the kid gave me his facebook. Well played, I thought to myself.

Apparently, I misread the signs, or I mistook kindness and politeness for flirting back. I got a call today and Regie told me that Daniela, the kid's friend told her that the kid DOES NOT like me at all, not one bit. I was kind of just laughing on the other end of the line. But, I think that deep inside, I was actually crushed. I have put my love live in the back seat for a VERY LONG time, and now that I actually decided to take a chance, I got dissed. REALLY SAD!

Maybe it's just not the right time for me...maybe, I should just wait...maybe I am just meant to be SINGLE.

This incident makes me qusetion myself, "Am I the JUST FRIENDS type?"

No comments: